Labels

1 Color Combination-Monochromatic

Pin It
Hi friends, Are you tired yet of all the color combinations I've been feeding you this week? I sure hope not because I have a fun one for you today and it’s all about Color Combination-Monochromatic. A few months back here I touched on it just a little and I thought I'll give you a little bit more to tickle your fancy. So let’s began she'll we? Hmmm what can I say about this one color combination? Well it can be quite beautiful if done correctly. See I happen to love one color rooms I do so much I've done a few  myself just to name a few. My guest bedroom, a clients living room and my very own bathroom so to say I like monochromatic is putting it lightly.

Friends in some cases too much sameness can be boring and in my opinion you should add a few darker colors to a group of light value of the same color. Or punch up a low-intensity scheme with a bit of more intense color. Using a variety of materials and texture will automatically achieve variation in the value of intensity and this is how you make monochromatic work.  So without further ado let's take a look at some examples of this cool color concept. 

Texture rug and bedding! I love it...
All white with pops of pink


I love the animal print that mimics all the neutral color in this living room
Check out all that texture in this one color monochromatic bedroom.

All blue but with darker and lighter makes this monochromatic a bit more interesting.
Love all the gray in this room but take a look at the window covering the texture makes this punch.
This room is a perfect example of Monochromatic done greatly with lots of texture and warmth. I love this room it seems to be very comfortable


Love the fur on the bed it's just lovely



Friends I hope you enjoyed the beautiful color combination Monochromatic if you ever think about doing this scheme remember to use texture and different shades of the same color and you will have yourself a successful monochromatic room.

Please let me know what you think in your comment below!!!


Pin It Print this post

1 comments:

Sadie Ussery said...

I love the textured one. Can't say that I really like any of the white ones. White brings nightmares of little hand prints and dirty fingers!

Post a Comment

Featured: Design Magazine of The Month

Featured: Design Magazine of The Month
ELLE DECOR January/February 2012

facebook

Share!!

Ramdom Post

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Follow by e-mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner